› Latest Update
It was requested a lot, and now it's here: GRUB2 is the default bootloader in Bridge Linux 2012.8! There's a few notes about this: first, the bootloader install should detect all OSes on the system, but it will change the root kernel parameter of Arch installs with a vanilla kernel. This can be fixed rather easily, after install, if "sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg" doesn't fix it itself, just change the root parameter for the Arch install.
Separate editions will now be released separately instead of releasing them all at once, so more features may be added for the other editions, and different versions could have newer versions of software.
There's quite a few changes to the whole system, and a few DE specific. Check it out:
- Fixed the /etc/hosts file
- Fixed the Xfce X respawn error
- Fixed some mkinitcpio issues
- Fixed the installer
- Added French and Turkish language support in the installer
- Added menu item to run post-install script after first run
- Added instructions for proprietary GPU drivers
- Enabled regular users to mount drives without password in the file manager
- Xfce iso is smaller (as a side effect, VLC has been removed)
- Terminator is the default for some DEs (could be all)